Thursday, July 5, 2007

July 4th

When everyone began talking about where they were last July 4th I had to think harder then I think I should have. then it came flooding back to me. I was back in Belfast chilling in the Botanic Gardens, playing frisbee with Karlo and Stevo. Laurence and Megan were reading. Evan was playing guitar. I think Margaret was out and about somewhere. We had a great bbq back at #11 Mt charles, one of many. I loved that smokey allie of a back yard, if that's what we want to call it. Yup Ramana and Petr were about too causing trouble as usual. We had soo much food. I think kedrick made brownies, Megan her crumble, me a red, white and blue trifle. Oh Potato Salad. Yum. Oh I remember Karlo and Steve brought burgers with the bun all frozen in a box to the park. That was great. Ahh I love you guys.

This year I tailgated my first concert. It was the Violent Femmes and Blues Traveler at Redrocks and amazing natural outdoor red rock amphitheatre that over looks Denver. At 9pm we saw about 25 fireworks shows happening down in the city, then as the fireworks burned out Mother nature lite up her show of force with a great lightening show. THAT was beautiful as the sky lite up I thought what a message mother nature was sending. "Silly people yup your fireworks are colorful, but Mine I can liteup the earth and the sky. I can do without running out of steam and will always out power you." What a great message.
Hope you all had a great 4th.

No comments: