Monday, February 5, 2007

My vision

This is a record of my thoughts, inspirations, sources and joys. It is always intended as a discussion even if with only myself. This means that even this vision will change, but as it should with life's lessons and wisdom teachings heard.
The goals of my life is to directly confront both the forces within me and around me which contribute to the injustices and inadequacies, that flood our streets with blood. I refuse to accept the glasses which our culture chooses to wear that makes the blood disappear. My hands are red with the blood from my own wounds and the wounds of those around me. I now am choosing to no longer have my hands red simply from living in an unjust world, but by directly applying pressure to the wounds of humanity, even if only in my small ways.

I refuse to accept that one person can't change the world, but I do not believe that I can do anything alone. I live in a community, a global village where if 33 people live without sanitary water supplies the 67 can and must change that. (This is drawn from the village of a 100, which is meant to emphasis the vast inequalities in the world, when I recently read it I was simply struck as to why, when we think of it in such minute scales change seems possible, but when the picture is enlarged change becomes impossible. )

I believe that peace with justice at every level begins with steps towards peace at any level. I can start this by involving by involving my mind, spirit and body in my world through presence, love, follow through, humility, grace and serenity. I must engage in issues which I am passionate about no matter if it is signing a petition or organizing an action. Through loving relationships with myself and others. By being unafraid to act on my vision.

5 comments:

Victoria Pynchon, said...

Great!! Welcome to the blogosphere, Cassandra & thanks for linking to Mediators without Borders. Here's the link to the "Miniature Earth" Video that contains that statistics you mention. LOVE YOU!!! Aunt Vickie

Victoria Pynchon, said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C-u6kdHuXE

ooops; here's the link!!

erikee said...

Thanks for the update cassie, and the vision.
Take care,
erika

Independent Traveler said...

Hey Cass - your Vision is very inspiring - hopefully messages like yours will help people to realise that in fact many of us, deep inside, have a similair vision towards humanity, its just that we have become synical and dissilussioned due to the negative things going on around us and in this world - and is it not the bussiness of media to always concentrate on the negative? In fact, if we do not all start to find the energy to stand up for morality, human rights, un-manipulated democracy, real equality, fair fair trade, and democratic international institutions, if we do not seek to inform ourselves beyond what the mainstream media puts accross as information and news, if we do not teach ourselves to think critically and question freely, the responsibility for the general deterioration of life on earth for the majority of human beings will rest with us.
All the very best,
Jacques

Cassandra said...

"I am only one, but still I am one;
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;
and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do"
~Edward E. Hale

Olivia sent this quote to me.